A decade of success: Reflections and lessons learned from ITSCI by the International Tin Association
ITSCI will host a partner session at the OECD – OCDE’s 14th Forum on Responsible Mineral Supply Chains on 26 April 2021.
Since 2010, the International Tin Supply Chain Initiative (ITSCI) has rapidly developed from a small pilot to become the foundation of 3T mineral trade across Burundi, the DRC, Rwanda and Uganda.
Through extensive collaboration with its partners, and providing independent, consistent and credible information, ITSCI supports business in taking appropriate and effective decisions on mineral supply chains due diligence and facilitates progressive improvement for the region.
The session will reflect ITSCI’s ten years of experience in the Great Lakes Region working with governments and other partners on the ground.
The session will be moderated by Gare Smith from Foley Hoag
- Mr. Joseph Ikoli, Secretary-General of Mines, DRC
- Dr. Ivan Twagirashema, Chief Operating Officer, Rwanda Mines, Petroleum and Gas Board Board
- Ms. Kay Nimmo, Head of Sustainability at the International Tin Association (ITA)
- Ms. Candida Owens, TIC representative for the OECD Multi-stakeholder Steering Group (MSG)
- Mr. Mickaël Daudin, Deputy Director, Mines to Market, Pact
- Mr. Benjamin Nénot, Principal at Synergy Global Consulting
- Mr. Dharam Kotecha, Halcyon Inc
- Mr. Quentin Lamarche, Specialty Metals Resources
- With videos from the field
Date: Monday 26 April 2021
Time: 16:00- 17:30 (CET)